Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Starting Point

The New Year brings about new hopes, new desires and unlimited promises of change. We vow to ourselves for once and for all, we are going to shed unwanted pounds and get healthy. We're determined to change our relationship with food and promise to decrease unwanted calories. However, we fail to create a plan for success. This means we have to map out how we get to our goal and get real about our starting point. We must evaluate our personal truths meaning what do we believe about orselves. We often mask our "personal truths" pain and sorrow by allowing food to comfort us.

Therefore, I too am embarking upon my own personal journey of weight loss and struggles. I recognize this is the fight of my life to prevent diabetes, hypertention and other health related diseases caused by obesity. I feel like a frantic animal going in circles trying to figure out what works, what's effective and what is going to get me to my desired goal. You know I'm notorious
for trying everything for the desired results. However, I must get honest with myself and acknowledge none or working.

So now I'm beginning to realize there's no magic pill but hard work , determination, nutrition exercise and a few tears along the way. I'm ecstatic about joining the Xtreme Makeover Boot Camp. I need to just follow the program and relinquish my internal locust
of control. So stay tuned .

1 comment:

  1. Great post can't wait to hear more and follow you on your journey. Just remember that the beautiful butterfly was once a caterpillar but through metamorphosis he became one of God's most beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete