Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Love Affair With Food

Thanks for tuning in to my own personal journey and challenge of weight loss. The last few weeks have certainly posed some challenges. However, I remain optimistic and motivated about the new changes. I attribute the Bootcamp with giving me the support, and courage needed to face my "personal truths." My trainer Lamail is magnificient. He provides us with hope, optimism and real truth.

My story continues to evolve, as I disclose the truth about getting to my heaviest weight . You see I had a love affair with food. It became my lover, my best friend, and my confidant. The one thing I never had to worry about was food rejecting, disappointing or abandoning me. Food was consistent and I didn't have to worry about receiving broken promises. As a matter of fact food became my substitute for many relationships. So many times I would wake up in the middle of the night and gorge my face with food not out of hunger but for comfort. Food comforted me and took the pain away.

I've come to the conclusion I have to take care of myself i.e. health by any means necessary. This is where I allow self preservation to take over and assist me with making the changes
needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment